- The annual maximum cover for members aged 65 or above and for treatment received in the US is different. Some benefit items are subject to the annual maximum limit.
- You need to follow the required procedures to enjoy full cover or cashless treatment. Medical card is not applicable at the day-case centre of any private hospital in Hong Kong. The current list of designated private hospitals n Hong Kong is available on Bupa's website. This list is subject to change from time to time.
- The calculation compares deductible options between $0 and $40,000 for a 35-year-old member enroled in the Hospital and Surgical Benefits for Bupa HealthPlus.
Bupa guarantees that your cover can be renewed for life as long as you meet the requirements as stated in the Renewal Clause of your contract. Bupa reserves the right to amend the subscription, benefits, terms and conditions upon your contract renewal. Please refer to your contract for further details.
- Family discount is only applicable to Bupa HealthPlus’ subscriptions of Hospital and Surgical Benefit. Members are entitled to 10% discount when 2 family members are enrolled and 15% discount when 3 family members or more are enrolled at the same time. The lifetime family discount is applicable to both annual payment and monthly payment.
- Doctors will be available during schedule office hours to support the nurses for answering enquiries. Office hours: Mon – Fri, from 9am to 7pm (Hong Kong time), except public holidays.
- During office hours (9am to 7pm Monday to Friday, except public holidays) We are pleased to answer all your enquires.
Outside office hours, we can provide the followings :
i. Bupa appointed service providers
ii. Your coverage details
iii. Claims procedures and other administration procedures
iv. Claim forms
- Member who has enrolled in this scheme can enjoy cashless treatment for eligible medical expenses by using the medical card at designated private hospitals in Hong Kong and outpatient consultations of our network doctors, subject to a credit limit approved by Bupa. Your eligible claim will be reimbursed up to the Overall Annual Limit.
- Member who has taken out the optional Clinical Benefit can enjoy cashless treatment for eligible outpatient expenses by using the medical card at designated clinics, subject to the maximum number of visits for both Network Benefit and Non-Network Benefit in aggregate per Contract Year.
#Limited time enrolment offer – Terms and conditions
- This promotion (“Promotion”) is valid from now to 30 November 2019 (both dates inclusive) (“Promotion Period”).
- Within the Promotion Period, a Vital DNA Test provided by Prenetics Limited (“Promotion Gift”) will be available to new members of Bupa insurance schemes (“New Customer”) who meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in Clause 3 below (“Eligibility Criteria”).
- To receive the Promotion Gift, the New Customer must:
- Successfully enrol in any one of Bupa CarePro, Bupa Together, Bupa HealthPlus, Bupa Care Kid, Bupa Care HealthNet, Bupa Gold, Bupa Crystal Health Insurance Scheme; Bupa Critical Essential Care; Bupa MyBasic VHIS Plan or Bupa MyFlexi VHIS Plan with a coverage commencement date obetween 1 November 2019 and 1 December 2019 (each an “Eligible Scheme”) through a Bupa Health Management Consultant during the Promotion Period;
- Not be a subscriber of, or have cancelled, any individual medical insurance scheme underwritten by Bupa (Asia) Limited (“Bupa”) within 6 months prior to the date of submitting the application for an Eligible Scheme;
- Not have any child discount applied to the Eligible Scheme in which they are enrolled; and
- Have settled the annual premium payment of the Eligible Scheme by 1 December 2019.
- New Customers who meet all of the Eligibility Criteria will be sent a redemption letter for the Promotion Gift by post to the subscriber’s correspondence address on Bupa’s record within 2 months after the coverage commencement date of the Eligible Scheme. The Promotion Gift can be redeemed at the designated website set out in the redemption letter within 12 months of the date of the redemption letter. No redemption letter will be re-issued by Bupa in any case, unless the New Customer is unable to receive the redemption letter at the correspondence address or email address on Bupa’s record.
- In the event that the Promotion Gift has been redeemed but the Eligible Scheme is terminated for any reason within the first 12 months, the subscriber of the Eligible Scheme agrees to repay Bupa the amount equivalent to the value of the Promotion Gift(s) redeemed by members of the subscriber’s Eligible Scheme.
- Bupa is not the supplier nor provider of the Promotion Gift. Bupa makes no representation or guarantee as to the quality, functionality or suitability of the Promotion Gift. Bupa shall not be liable for any matters arising from or in connection with the use of the Promotion Gift.
- The Promotion Gift should not be used as a substitute for specific medical or diagnostic advice, and only intends to provide the user with information to better understand wellness traits associated with their genotype. It is the New Customer’s responsibility to determine whether the Vital DNA test is appropriate for them and seek medical advice in relation to any questions or concerns. Information relating to the Vital DNA Test can be accessed on Prenetics’ website (www.circledna.com/vital).
- The value of the Promotion Gift is determined with reference to the suggested retail price set by Prenetics Limited and Bupa reserves the right to replace the Promotion Gift with other items of similar value without prior notice.
- Bupa reserves the right to vary, suspend or terminate this Promotion (in whole or in part) or amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. Bupa will not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from any such variation, suspension or termination.
- The Promotion Gift is not transferable, exchangeable, returnable or redeemable for cash.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of Bupa shall be final and conclusive on all matters related to the Promotion.
- If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and the Chinese versions of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.
The Circle Vita DNA Test should not be used as a substitute for specific medical or diagnostic advice, and can only provide the user with information to better understand wellness traits associated with their genotype. Information relating to the Circle Vital DNA Test can be accessed on Prenetics’ website (www.circledna.com/vital).
*Family enrolment for 3 persons or more can enjoy up to 15% lifetime discount.
From HK$275 a month: Actual insurance fees vary. The example premium is calculated based on the current premium rate of a member aged 18 enroling in Bupa HealthPlus, with annual payment, Hospital & Surgical benefit and a HK$40,000 deductible. The fee does not include the latest welcome offer.