- The welcome privileges of Bupa HealthPlus are applicable to contracts that come into effect on 1 September 2019.
- The welcome privileges are applicable to annual payment only.
- The applicant must be a new member who is not a Bupa individual member in the past 6 months.
- For the original subscription of this scheme, please call our Health Insurance Consultants or use the online quotation engine on Bupa's website. The discounted subscription is only applicable to contracts that come into effect from 1 September 2019.
- You need to follow the required procedures to enjoy full cover or cashless treatment. Please refer to the notes in the product brochures and schedule of benefits for more details.
- Medical card cannot be used at the day-case centre of the local private hospitals.
- Bupa reserves the right for final decision on all matters relating to the applications.
- The above information is a product summary for reference only. Please refer to the brochure and contract for details and the Terms and Conditions.
- The annual maximum cover for members aged 65 or above and for treatment received in the US is different. Some benefit items are subject to the annual maximum limit.
- You need to follow the required procedures to enjoy full cover or cashless treatment. Medical card is not applicable at the day-case centre of any private hospital in Hong Kong. The current list of designated private hospitals n Hong Kong is available on Bupa's website. This list is subject to change from time to time.
- The calculation compares deductible options between $0 and $40,000 for a 35-year-old member enroled in the Hospital and Surgical Benefits for Bupa HealthPlus.
Bupa guarantees that your cover can be renewed for life as long as you meet the requirements as stated in the Renewal Clause of your contract. Bupa reserves the right to amend the subscription, benefits, terms and conditions upon your contract renewal. Please refer to your contract for further details.
- Family discount is only applicable to Bupa HealthPlus’ subscriptions of Hospital and Surgical Benefit. Members are entitled to 10% discount when 2 family members are enrolled and 15% discount when 3 family members or more are enrolled at the same time. The lifetime family discount is applicable to both annual payment and monthly payment.
- Doctors will be available during schedule office hours to support the nurses for answering enquiries. Office hours: Mon – Fri, from 9am to 7pm (Hong Kong time), except public holidays.
- During office hours (9am to 7pm Monday to Friday, except public holidays) We are pleased to answer all your enquires.
Outside office hours, we can provide the followings :
i. Bupa appointed service providers
ii. Your coverage details
iii. Claims procedures and other administration procedures
iv. Claim forms
- Member who has enrolled in this scheme can enjoy cashless treatment for eligible medical expenses by using the medical card at designated private hospitals in Hong Kong and outpatient consultations of our network doctors, subject to a credit limit approved by Bupa. Your eligible claim will be reimbursed up to the Overall Annual Limit.
- Member who has taken out the optional Clinical Benefit can enjoy cashless treatment for eligible outpatient expenses by using the medical card at designated clinics, subject to the maximum number of visits for both Network Benefit and Non-Network Benefit in aggregate per Contract Year.
^Terms and conditions for Bupa Medical Insurance Lucky Draw:
- Bupa (Asia) Limited (“Bupa”) is the organizer of the “Bupa Lucky Draw Campaign” promotion (Trade Promotion Competition Licence Number: 52326) (“Lucky Draw”).
- The Lucky Draw is held from 10am on 1 July 2019 to 7pm on 31 August 2019 (“Promotion Period”).
- To participate in the Lucky Draw, member (“Participant”) is required to meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
a. Successfully enrolls as an Insured Person in any one of Bupa CarePro, Bupa Together, Bupa HealthPlus, Bupa Gold, Bupa Crystal and Bupa Care HealthNet Medical Insurance scheme; Bupa MyBasic and MyFlexi VHIS Plan (“Eligible Scheme”) during the Promotion Period through Bupa Health Management Consultant or Bupa Health Insurance Consultant;
b. Eligible Scheme must come into effect between 1 August 2019 and 1 September 2019 with annual premium payment paid; and
c. Aged 18 or above at the time of enrolment of the Eligible Scheme.
- The lucky draw lottery will be conducted on 10 October 2019. 53 winners will be drawn randomly by the computer system for one of the following prizes (“Prizes”):
- Grand Prize: 2round trip economy class air tickets from Hong Kong to London (up to HK$20,000) and 4 nights’ hotel accommodation in London (up to HK$10,000) x1
- 2nd Prize: Smart Watch (HK$4,199) x1
- 3rd Prize: Hair dryer (HK$3,380) x1
- 4th Prize: Zalora e-Gift voucher (HK$500) x50
- Each Participant can only enter into the Lucky Draw once no matter how many Eligible Scheme he/she has enrolled during the Promotion Period.
- Results of the Lucky Draw will be posted on Bupa’s corporate website (www.bupa.com.hk) and published in Sing Tao Daily and The Standard on 18 October 2019.
- Prizes will be distributed by Bupa. Winners will be notified by Bupa individually on or before 25 October 2019 via phone or email. To eligible for collecting the Prize, Participant must collect the Prize in person or by his/her representative at the specified location during the Prize collection period and a copy of participant’s identity document must be presented for verification.
- The Eligible Scheme must be in force on the date of Prize collection. Participants shall not be entitled to the Prize if the Eligible Scheme is terminated for whatever reason on the date of Prize collection.
- Prizes are not exchangeable, redeemable for cash or other goods, or transferrable to others.
- Bupa will publicize the Lucky Draws and its result in public media, which may include photos of the winners of the lucky draw. By enrolling into the Lucky Draw, participants agree that Bupa will use the photos for the above purpose.
- If the information provided by a Participant or policy holder upon the registration of an Eligible Scheme is incorrect or incomplete, Bupa shall not assume any responsibility for any Participants who are not contactable to collect the Prize within the specified period. The Prize will be forfeited after the specified collection period.
- Employees of Bupa cannot enter into the Lucky Draw.
- The value of the Prizes is made reference to the retail standard price.
- Bupa is not the supplier of the Prizes offered and bears no responsibility for any related obligations and liabilities, including but not limited to their quality, fitness for purpose or any loss or damage caused in whatever respect. In case of any disputes or complaints in using or redeeming the Prizes, Participants should contact and resolve with the supplier directly.
- Conditions of the Grand Prize (Air tickets and hotel accommodations)
a. The prize is not transferrable and not redeemable for cash;
b. Air tickets are of economy class with departure city from HK on or before 31 March 2020;
c. Booking of flight and accommodation must be made with the travel agency designated by Bupa;
d. Winner shall settle the excess if the total price of air tickets (inclusive of any taxes, fuel surcharges, airport security fees and other administration costs) and hotel accommodations are above the total prize value of HKD 30,000; and
e. Fees charged for amendments or re-booking are not qualified for the prize redemption.
- If members do not wish to participate in the Lucky Draw, please inform Bupa by email to email@example.com .
*Family enrolment for 3 persons or more can enjoy up to 15% lifetime discount and an extra 20% welcome discount.
From HK$275 a month: Actual insurance fees vary. The example premium is calculated based on the current premium rate of a member aged 18 enroling in Bupa HealthPlus, with annual payment, Hospital & Surgical benefit and a HK$40,000 deductible. The fee does not include the latest welcome offer.