Bupa Hero VHIS Plan Certification Number:
Advance (HK$0 Deductible): F00040-01-000-01
Advance (HK$12,000 Deductible): F00040-02-000-01
Advance (HK$40,000 Deductible): F00040-03-000-01
Advance (HK$80,000 Deductible): F00040-04-000-01
Deluxe (HK$0 Deductible): F00040-05-000-01
Deluxe (HK$12,000 Deductible): F00040-06-000-01
Deluxe (HK$40,000 Deductible): F00040-07-000-01
Deluxe (HK$80,000 Deductible): F00040-08-000-01
- Asia, Australia and New Zealand means Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Japan, Malaysia, Macau, Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, mainland China, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Pakistan, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Vietnam. For eligible expenses covered under the Certified Plan but incurred outside Asia, Australia and New Zealand, benefits shall be payable according to the VHIS Standard Plan Terms and Benefits.
- Full cover is only applicable to selected items under Summary of Benefits and subject to the annual benefit limit, deductible and restricted ward class set out in the Summary of Benefits.
- The special promotion offer is applicable to 2 new customers who enrol together. A 50% discount will be offered to each insured person based on the first-year premiums paid under Bupa Hero VHIS Plan (not applicable to any premium loading). The promotion discount of 50% will be inclusive of 10% family discount if the 2 new customer(s) enrol together as eligible family members. For details, please refer to the Terms and Conditions.
- The calculation of $144 average monthly premium per person is based on two 18-year-old insured persons enrolling in the Deluxe Plan with yearly payment and a HK$80,000 deductible. The calculation of $117 average monthly premium per person is based on two 18-year-old insured persons enrolling in the Advance Plan, with yearly payment and a HK$80,000 deductible. Actual premiums vary depending on the age of the insured person. These premiums include the special 50% off promotion for 2 people enrolling together and family discount (if applicable).
- Deductible options include HK$0, HK$12,000, HK$40,000 and HK$80,000. A deductible is the amount of eligible expenses that you must pay each year. Bupa will cover the remaining amount up to the benefit limit. The deductible won’t apply to the Medical Check-up Benefit and optional benefits.
- The calculation compares deductible options between HK$0 and HK$80,000 for a 29-year-old member enrolled in Deluxe Plan with yearly payment.
- Cashless treatment is not applicable to items (k) and (l) listed under 1) Basic Benefits and items (c) – (i) listed under 2) Enhanced Benefits in the Summary of Benefits for the Certified Plan. Your medical card is not applicable to the day case unit of a local private hospital. You need to follow the required procedures and obtain pre-authorisation from Bupa to enjoy cashless treatment.
- Please visit Bupa’s website (www.bupa.com.hk/hero) for the list of designated private hospitals in Hong Kong. This list is subject to change from time to time.
- Please log in to Bupa's customer service portal to view the latest list of Bupa HealthPlus appointed service providers. This list is subject to change from time to time.
- Optional benefits (Clinical, Maternity, Dental, Dental and Optical Benefit) are not part of the VHIS Certified Plan and only applicable in Asia, Australia and New Zealand1. The premiums paid are not eligible for claiming tax deduction and any family discount.
- Only applicable to Deluxe Plan. Receive a free health assessment each year, starting from the second policy year, at one of our designated health screening centres in Hong Kong (for insured persons aged 18 or above). Or, choose your own provider and claim up to HK$4,000 for check-up services in Asia, Australia and New Zealand1.
- Any Hong Kong taxpayer who has purchased an eligible health insurance plan (certified by the Food and Health Bureau as VHIS) can claim a tax deduction on qualifying premiums up to HK$8,000 per insured person each year. These persons must be included in the list of “specified relatives” in Inland Revenue (Amendment)(No. 8) Ordinance 2018 (which may change from time to time). You can claim the deduction in the same tax year when the premium was paid. The deduction is available for certified plans, but not any other optional benefits, with policy effective date of 1 April 2019 or later. There is no limit on the number of insured persons and/or policies claimed by each taxpayer. Policies purchased for a domestic partner, grandchild(ren) or domestic partner’s parents/children are not eligible for tax deduction. For details about tax deduction, please visit www.bupa.com.hk/taxfaq.
- Bupa guarantees that your cover can be renewed every year for life as long as you meet the requirements as stated in the renewal provisions of your policy terms and conditions.
- Only available under Network Benefit of Advance Plan with optional Clinical Benefit.
- The 24-hour Mental Health Service Hotline is applicable to insured persons aged 18 or above. Insured persons aged below 18 must be accompanied by the Policy Holder or guardian to use this service.
- Must be referred by the hotline counsellor and he number of face-to-face counselling services is limited to 4 times per Policy Year.
- Full network cover of Clinical Benefit at designated clinics and service providers is only applicable to the Advance Plan.
- Only applicable to Deluxe Plan with optional Clinical Benefit.
- Only applicable to Deluxe Plan with optional Dental and Optical Benefits.
- Optional Maternity Benefit is payable provided that conception occurs after this benefit takes effect and you have been continuously covered under this benefit for 9 months or more.
- Waiting period and reimbursement percentage are shown below:
First policy year: no coverage
Second policy year: 25% reimbursement
Third policy year: 50% reimbursement
Fourth policy year onwards: full coverage
- Doctors will be available during scheduled office hours to support the nurses in answering enquiries. Office hours: Mon – Fri, 9am to 6pm (Hong Kong time), except public holidays.
- Insurance ratings are provided by 10Life (www.10life.com/ratings) for reference only. Bupa does not provide any compensation (such as commissions or referral fees) to 10Life for ratings or related insurance sales activities. 10Life insurance ratings do not take into account your personal goals, financial situation and needs. This information is for general educational and reference purposes only and does not constitute any recommendation to purchase insurance products. Consumers are advised to should go through the suitability assessment with a Bupa Health Management Consultant before applying for insurance that will suit their needs.
- Eligible members can consult selected general practitioners comfortably and safely at home, with door-to-door medication and sick leave certificate delivery. Medication delivery is subject to the prior payment of a HK$50 delivery charge. The charges are waived for the period from 17 July 2020 to 31 December 2020. Please click here www.bupa.com.hk/tc/customer-care/video-consultation for more details.
Bupa Hero VHIS Plan – 2-person special 50% off promotion Terms and conditions
- The promotion period is valid from 1 October 2020 – 31 October 2020 (both dates inclusive) (“Promotion Period”).。
- The Promotion Offer is only available to new members who enrol as an insured person (“New Customer”) under Bupa Hero VHIS Plan (Flexi Plan) (“Eligible Scheme”) and fulfill all eligibility criteria in clause 4 below (“Eligibility Criteria”).
- Within the Promotion Period, a premium discount will be offered to New Customer(s) on the overall premium of the Eligible Scheme according to the discount rate below (“Promotion Offer”):
＊Premium discount of 50% will be inclusive of 10% family discount (for 2 New Customers) or 15% family discount (for 4 or more New Customers) enrol together as eligible family members (if applicable).
|No. of New Customer(s) who enrol together
||Premium discount rate
If more than 2 New Customers enrol together, the surplus number will be counted according to the table above. However, if the 3rd, 5th, 7th New Customers and so on are enrolling together as eligible family members, they can enjoy 15% family discount on top of the 10% premium discount.
- To enjoy the Promotion Offer, all New Customers are required to meet all of the following eligibility criteria below:
。 Successfully enrol in the Eligible Scheme during the Promotion Period;
。 All New Customers must submit the application form(s) at the same time to calculate the eligible premium discount under the Promotion Offer. Any late or subsequent submission(s) shall be counted afresh at the time of submission and no retrospective discount will be given;
。 Application for the Eligible Scheme must be submitted through a Bupa Health Management Consultant;
。 Must not cancel any individual medical insurance scheme underwritten by Bupa (Asia) Limited (“Bupa”) within 6 months prior to the date of submitting the application for an Eligible Scheme;
。 Must not transfer from an existing individual medical insurance scheme underwritten by Bupa to the Eligible Scheme; and
。 The Eligible Scheme must come into effect on 1 November 2020 with annual premium payment paid.
- The Promotion Offer is applicable to all first year premiums paid under the Eligible Scheme, inclusive of the standard premium of the Certified Plan and premiums for optional benefits, but all premium loading charged on the Eligible Scheme shall not be eligible. For renewal premiums, New Customers can still enjoy family discount on the Standard Premiums of the Certified Plan if they are eligible family members and all Eligible Schemes are still in force.
- The Promotion Offer is calculated based on the standard premium without applying any other discount. The Promotion Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion offers. Any levy payable under the Eligible Scheme shall be calculated before applying the Promotion Offer.
- In the event that any of the New Customer(s) terminate the Eligible Scheme within the 1st Policy Year for whatever reason, Bupa shall recalculate the entitled premium discount based on the actual number of New Customer(s) with the Eligible Scheme still in force. The New Customer shall repay Bupa the difference between the Promotion Offer already applied and the recalculated actual eligible promotion discount upon Bupa’s reasonable request.
- The discount amount and discount percentage applied to the Eligible Scheme under the Promotion Offer will not be shown on the Policy Schedule of the Eligible Scheme. The New Customer should refer to the copy of the application form enclosed in the welcome pack for the actual premium and levy paid.
- The amount of premium discount received under the Promotion Offer is not eligible for tax deduction. Please refer to www.bupa.com.hk/taxfaq if you wish to calculate the qualifying premiums eligible for tax deduction in a tax year.
- Bupa reserves the right of final decision for the New Customer’s entitlement to the Promotion Offer.
- The Promotion Offer is not transferable, returnable or redeemable for cash.
- Bupa reserves the right to cancel or terminate this Promotion Offer (in whole or in part) or amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of Bupa shall be final and conclusive on all matters related to the Promotion Offer.
- If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and the Chinese versions of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.