VHIS Certification Number: S00020-01-000-02
The above information is a summary of the products and the promotional offer, please refer to Bupa's website for details.
- Subject to eligibility of the related expenses and the annual limit.
- For psychiatric treatment, the territorial scope only covers Hong Kong.
- Any Hong Kong taxpayer who has purchased an eligible health insurance plan (certified by the Health Bureau as VHIS) can claim a tax deduction on qualifying premiums up to HK$8,000 per insured person each year. These persons must be included in the list of “specified
relatives” in Inland Revenue Ordinance (Cap. 112) (which may change from time to time). You can claim the deduction in the same tax year when the premium was paid. The deduction is available for certified plans with policy effective date of 1 April 2019 or later. There is no limit on the number of insured persons and/or policies claimed by each taxpayer. Policies purchased for a domestic partner, grandchild(ren) or domestic partner’s parents/children are not eligible for tax deduction. For details about tax deduction, please visit here
- Unknown pre-existing conditions and congenital conditions with symptoms appearing or diagnosed after age 8 are covered subject to the waiting period and reimbursement percentage as follows:
First policy year: no coverage
Second policy year: 25% reimbursement
Third policy year: 50% reimbursement
Fourth policy year onwards: full coverage
- Bupa guarantees that your cover can be renewed up to the age of 100 as long as you meet the requirements as stated in the renewal provisions of your policy terms and conditions.
- Subject to 30% coinsurance. Coinsurance means the percentage of eligible expenses that must be paid by the policy holder.
#Bupa MyBasic VHIS Plan – Terms and conditions for Welcome Promotion Offer:
- The promotion period is valid from now to 30 April 2023 (both dates inclusive) (“Promotion Period”).
- To enjoy the Promotion Offer, New Customer is required to meet all of the following eligible criteria:
。 The Eligible Scheme must come into effect between 1 February 2023 to 1 April 2023 (both dates inclusive) with premiums paid on an annual basis;
。 New Customer must not cancel any individual medical insurance scheme underwritten by Bupa within 6 months prior to and after the date of submitting the application for the Eligible Scheme; and
。 The Promotion Offer is not applicable to any New Customer who transfers an existing individual scheme underwritten by Bupa to the Eligible Scheme.
- The Promotion Offer is applicable to the first-year total premium for the whole policy / contract of the Eligible Scheme and does not apply to any premium loading.
- Other than the family discount offered to the Eligible Scheme (if applicable, subject to terms and conditions of the family discount of the Eligible Scheme), the Promotion Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion offers.
- The discounted amount applied to the Eligible Scheme under the Promotion Offer shall be the amount shown on the application form and will not be shown on the Policy Schedule / Membership Certificate of the Eligible Scheme(s). New Customer should refer to the copy of the application form enclosed in the welcome pack for the actual premium and levy paid.
- If you enrolled in VHIS Plan, the amount of premium discount received under the Promotion Offer is not eligible for tax deduction. Please refer to www.bupa.com.hk/taxfaq if you wish to calculate the qualifying premiums eligible for tax deduction in a tax year.
- The eligibility for each Eligible Scheme varies, please refer to the product brochure of the scheme.
- Bupa reserves the right of final decision for any entitlement to the Promotion Offer.
- The Promotion Offer is not transferable, returnable or redeemable for cash.
- Bupa reserves the right to cancel or terminate this Promotion Offer (in whole or in part) or amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of Bupa shall be final and conclusive on all matters related to the promotion.
- If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and the Chinese versions of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.
*From HK$149 a month: Actual insurance fees vary. The example premium is calculated based on the current premium rate of a member aged 18 enrolling in Bupa MyBasic VHIS Plan, with annual payment. The fee does not include the latest welcome offer.