Bupa MyFlexi VHIS Plan Certification Number:
Standard Plus: F00029-01-001-01
Advance Plus: F00029-02-001-01
Deluxe Plus: F00029-03-001-01
The above information is a summary of the products and the promotional offer, please refer to Bupa's website and the Policy for details.
- For enhanced benefit "Push the Limit Benefit" and psychiatric treatment, the territorial scope only covers Hong Kong (exceptions apply).
- "Push the Limit Benefits" offers (i) full cover for eligible expenses incurred at Bupa MyFlexi Appointed Hospitals and designated specialists’ clinics and service providers up to an annual benefit limit if the conditions under the Policy are fulfilled; and (ii) Supplementary Major Medical Benefit to cover the eligible expense in excess of the benefit limit, subject to 20% coinsurance. Coinsurance means the percentage of eligible expenses that must be paid by the policy holder.
- Full Cover Benefit and Supplementary Major Medical Benefit offered under Push the limit benefit are not applicable to pre- and post-confinement/day case procedure outpatient care and psychiatric treatment. You need to follow the required procedures to enjoy full cover and subject to the benefit limits of Push the Limit under the Summary of benefit.
- Child discount will be applied to the premium of the MyFlexi basic benefits only, but not Push the Limit and other optional benefits. The discount will be valid as long as one or two parent(s) of the insured person is/are also covered under a MyFlexi VHIS plan.
- Other Optional Benefits (Clinical, Dental and Maternity benefit) are not part of the VHIS certified plan. The premiums paid (if any) are not eligible for claiming tax deduction, any child discount and/or no claim renewal discount.
- Any Hong Kong taxpayer who has purchased an eligible health insurance plan (certified by the Food and Health Bureau as VHIS) can claim a tax deduction on qualifying premiums up to HK$8,000 per insured person each year. These persons must be included in the list of “specified relatives” in Inland Revenue (Amendment)(No. 8) Ordinance 2018 (which may change from time to time). You can claim the deduction in the same tax year when the premium was paid. The deduction is available for basic benefits and Push the Limit Benefit (“the Certified Plan”), but not any other Optional Benefits, with policy effective date of 1 April 2019 or later. There is no limit on the number of insured persons and/or policies claimed by each taxpayer. Policies purchased for a domestic partner, grandchild(ren) or domestic partner’s parents/children are not eligible for tax deduction. For details about tax deduction, please visit www.bupa.com.hk/taxfaq.
- Unknown pre-existing conditions and congenital conditions with symptoms appearing or diagnosed after age 8 are covered subject to the waiting period and reimbursement percentage as follows:
First policy year: no coverage
Second policy year: 25% reimbursement
Third policy year: 50% reimbursement
Fourth policy year onwards: full coverage
- Cashless treatment is not applicable to pre- and post-confinement/day case procedure outpatient care, psychiatric treatment, treatment in a day-case unit of a hospital and optional Maternity Benefit. You need to follow the required procedures to enjoy cashless treatment.
- Please visit our website (www.bupa.com.hk/myflexi) for the latest list of Bupa MyFlexi Appointed Hospitals in which you may enjoy full cover benefit for hospitalisation . This list is subject to change from time to time.
- Please log in to our customer service portal myBupa to view the latest list of designated service providers enjoy full cover benefit and cashless treatment. These lists are subject to change from time to time.
- Network Dental Centre are appointed by Bupa to provide dental services listed under “Network Dental Centre benefit” in the Summary of Benefits. Locations of the Network Dental Centres include Admiralty, Causeway Bay, Quarry Bay, Tsim Sha Tsui, Tseung Kwan O, Sha Tin, Tsing Yi, Tung Chung, etc. Please log in to Bupa’s customer service portal myBupa to view the latest location list. This list is subject to change from time to time.
- Insured persons can enjoy cashless treatment and full cover at designated Network Dental Centres by presenting their Bupa membership card, medical card or membership number and Hong Kong Identity Card for verification and record.
- Bupa guarantees that your cover can be renewed up to the age of 100 as long as you meet the requirements as stated in the renewal provisions of your Policy. Bupa reserves the right to amend the premium, benefits, terms and conditions upon policy renewal. Please refer to your Policy for further details.
- Subject to 30% coinsurance. Coinsurance means the percentage of eligible expenses that must be paid by the policy holder.
- Health Coaching Services are not part of the Certified Plan. All Health Coaching Services (ie. 24/7 Healthline, Care Manager, 2nd medical opinion, Qualified nurse, Doctor referrals, Chronic Conditions Programme) are available for customers who select Deluxe or Deluxe Plus. Those who select Advance or Advance Plus can access all services except the Chronic Conditions Programme. Those who select Standard or Standard Plus can access the 24/7 Healthline and Care Manager (in case of cancer and heart failure). The use of Health Coaching Services is free of charge. If the services suggested aren’t covered under your Bupa MyFlexi VHIS Plan, you’ll be responsible for the fees incurred.
- Doctors will be available during scheduled office hours to support the nurses answering queries. Office hours: Mon – Fri, 9am to 7pm (Hong Kong time), except public holidays.
#Limited time enrolment offer – Terms and conditions
- This promotion (“Promotion”) is valid from now to 30 November 2019 (both dates inclusive) (“Promotion Period”).
- Within the Promotion Period, a Vital DNA Test provided by Prenetics Limited (“Promotion Gift”) will be available to new members of Bupa insurance schemes (“New Customer”) who meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in Clause 3 below (“Eligibility Criteria”).
- To receive the Promotion Gift, the New Customer must:
- Successfully enrol in any one of Bupa CarePro, Bupa Together, Bupa HealthPlus, Bupa Care Kid, Bupa Care HealthNet, Bupa Gold, Bupa Crystal Health Insurance Scheme; Bupa Critical Essential Care; Bupa MyBasic VHIS Plan or Bupa MyFlexi VHIS Plan with a coverage commencement date between 1 November 2019 and 1 December 2019 (each an “Eligible Scheme”) through a Bupa Health Management Consultant during the Promotion Period;
- Not be a subscriber of, or have cancelled, any individual medical insurance scheme underwritten by Bupa (Asia) Limited (“Bupa”) within 6 months prior to the date of submitting the application for an Eligible Scheme;
- Not have any child discount applied to the Eligible Scheme in which they are enrolled; and
- Have settled the annual premium payment of the Eligible Scheme by 1 December 2019.
- New Customers who meet all of the Eligibility Criteria will be sent a redemption letter for the Promotion Gift by post to the subscriber’s correspondence address on Bupa’s record within 2 months after the coverage commencement date of the Eligible Scheme. The Promotion Gift can be redeemed at the designated website set out in the redemption letter within 12 months of the date of the redemption letter. No redemption letter will be re-issued by Bupa in any case, unless the New Customer is unable to receive the redemption letter at the correspondence address or email address on Bupa’s record.
- In the event that the Promotion Gift has been redeemed but the Eligible Scheme is terminated for any reason within the first 12 months, the subscriber of the Eligible Scheme agrees to repay Bupa the amount equivalent to the value of the Promotion Gift(s) redeemed by members of the subscriber’s Eligible Scheme.
- Bupa is not the supplier nor provider of the Promotion Gift. Bupa makes no representation or guarantee as to the quality, functionality or suitability of the Promotion Gift. Bupa shall not be liable for any matters arising from or in connection with the use of the Promotion Gift.
- The Promotion Gift should not be used as a substitute for specific medical or diagnostic advice, and only intends to provide the user with information to better understand wellness traits associated with their genotype. It is the New Customer’s responsibility to determine whether the Vital DNA test is appropriate for them and seek medical advice in relation to any questions or concerns. Information relating to the Vital DNA Test can be accessed on Prenetics’ website (www.circledna.com/vital).
- The value of the Promotion Gift is determined with reference to the suggested retail price set by Prenetics Limited and Bupa reserves the right to replace the Promotion Gift with other items of similar value without prior notice.
- Bupa reserves the right to vary, suspend or terminate this Promotion (in whole or in part) or amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. Bupa will not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from any such variation, suspension or termination.
- The Promotion Gift is not transferable, exchangeable, returnable or redeemable for cash.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of Bupa shall be final and conclusive on all matters related to the Promotion.
- If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and the Chinese versions of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.
The Circle Vita DNA Test should not be used as a substitute for specific medical or diagnostic advice, and can only provide the user with information to better understand wellness traits associated with their genotype. Information relating to the Circle Vital DNA Test can be accessed on Prenetics’ website (www.circledna.com/vital).
*From HK$280 a month: Actual insurance fees vary. The example premium is calculated based on the current premium rate of a member aged 18 enrolling in Bupa VHIS Flexi Plan, with annual payment and “Push The Limit” at ward level. The fee does not include the latest welcome offer.