VHIS Certification Number: S00020-01-000-01
The above information is a summary of the products and the promotional offer, please refer to Bupa's website for details.
- Subject to eligibility of the related expenses and the annual limit.
- For psychiatric treatment, the territorial scope only covers Hong Kong.
- Any Hong Kong taxpayer who has purchased an eligible health insurance plan (certified by the Food and Health Bureau as VHIS) can claim a tax deduction on qualifying premiums up to HK$8,000 per insured person each year. These persons must be included in the list of “specified
relatives” in Inland Revenue (Amendment) (No. 8) Ordinance 2018 (which may change from time to time). You can claim the deduction in the same tax year when the premium was paid. The deduction is available for certified plans with policy effective date of 1 April 2019 or later. There is no limit on the number of insured persons and/or policies claimed by each taxpayer. Policies purchased for a domestic partner, grandchild(ren) or domestic partner’s parents/children are not eligible for tax deduction. For details about tax deduction, please visit here
- Unknown pre-existing conditions and congenital conditions with symptoms appearing or diagnosed after age 8 are covered subject to the waiting period and reimbursement percentage as follows:
First policy year: no coverage
Second policy year: 25% reimbursement
Third policy year: 50% reimbursement
Fourth policy year onwards: full coverage
- Bupa guarantees that your cover can be renewed up to the age of 100 as long as you meet the requirements as stated in the renewal provisions of your policy terms and conditions. Bupa reserves the right to amend the premium, benefits, terms and conditions upon policy renewal. Please refer to your Policy for further details.
- Subject to 30% coinsurance. Coinsurance means the percentage of eligible expenses that must be paid by the policy holder.
#Limited time enrolment offer – Terms and conditions
- This promotion (“Promotion”) is valid from now to 30 November 2019 (both dates inclusive) (“Promotion Period”).
- Within the Promotion Period, a Vital DNA Test provided by Prenetics Limited (“Promotion Gift”) will be available to new members of Bupa insurance schemes (“New Customer”) who meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in Clause 3 below (“Eligibility Criteria”).
- To receive the Promotion Gift, the New Customer must:
- Successfully enrol in any one of Bupa CarePro, Bupa Together, Bupa HealthPlus, Bupa Care Kid, Bupa Care HealthNet, Bupa Gold, Bupa Crystal Health Insurance Scheme; Bupa Critical Essential Care; Bupa MyBasic VHIS Plan or Bupa MyFlexi VHIS Plan with a coverage commencement date between 1 November 2019 and 1 December 2019 (each an “Eligible Scheme”) through a Bupa Health Management Consultant during the Promotion Period;
- Not be a subscriber of, or have cancelled, any individual medical insurance scheme underwritten by Bupa (Asia) Limited (“Bupa”) within 6 months prior to the date of submitting the application for an Eligible Scheme;
- Not have any child discount applied to the Eligible Scheme in which they are enrolled; and
- Have settled the annual premium payment of the Eligible Scheme by 1 December 2019.
- New Customers who meet all of the Eligibility Criteria will be sent a redemption letter for the Promotion Gift by post to the subscriber’s correspondence address on Bupa’s record within 2 months after the coverage commencement date of the Eligible Scheme. The Promotion Gift can be redeemed at the designated website set out in the redemption letter within 12 months of the date of the redemption letter. No redemption letter will be re-issued by Bupa in any case, unless the New Customer is unable to receive the redemption letter at the correspondence address or email address on Bupa’s record.
- In the event that the Promotion Gift has been redeemed but the Eligible Scheme is terminated for any reason within the first 12 months, the subscriber of the Eligible Scheme agrees to repay Bupa the amount equivalent to the value of the Promotion Gift(s) redeemed by members of the subscriber’s Eligible Scheme.
- Bupa is not the supplier nor provider of the Promotion Gift. Bupa makes no representation or guarantee as to the quality, functionality or suitability of the Promotion Gift. Bupa shall not be liable for any matters arising from or in connection with the use of the Promotion Gift.
- The Promotion Gift should not be used as a substitute for specific medical or diagnostic advice, and only intends to provide the user with information to better understand wellness traits associated with their genotype. It is the New Customer’s responsibility to determine whether the Vital DNA test is appropriate for them and seek medical advice in relation to any questions or concerns. Information relating to the Vital DNA Test can be accessed on Prenetics’ website (www.circledna.com/vital).
- The value of the Promotion Gift is determined with reference to the suggested retail price set by Prenetics Limited and Bupa reserves the right to replace the Promotion Gift with other items of similar value without prior notice.
- Bupa reserves the right to vary, suspend or terminate this Promotion (in whole or in part) or amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. Bupa will not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from any such variation, suspension or termination.
- The Promotion Gift is not transferable, exchangeable, returnable or redeemable for cash.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of Bupa shall be final and conclusive on all matters related to the Promotion.
- If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and the Chinese versions of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.
The Circle Vita DNA Test should not be used as a substitute for specific medical or diagnostic advice, and can only provide the user with information to better understand wellness traits associated with their genotype. Information relating to the Circle Vital DNA Test can be accessed on Prenetics’ website (www.circledna.com/vital).
*From HK$185 a month: Actual insurance fees vary. The example premium is calculated based on the current premium rate of a member aged 18 enrolling in Bupa MyBasic VHIS Plan, with annual payment. The fee does not include the latest welcome offer.